Last Updated on November 25, 2022 by Ackrolix innovtions
If you’re like most people, you probably use your pillow box at least once a week. But what do you do with it when it’s done serving its purpose? If you’re like many people, you toss it in the trashcan. That’s not the best solution, though. Pillow boxes can be turned into decorative accents for your home in a number of ways. In this article, we will explore five different ways to recycle your pillow box and turn it into something beautiful and unique.
-craft foam or Styrofoam pellets
-acrylic paint in various colors
-a small amount of glitter, if desired
1. Start by cutting the top off of the pillow box so that it is a flat surface. Cut a piece of craft foam to fit the bottom of the box and attach it with the painter’s tape. Paint the bottom of the box white. Allow the paint to dry.
2. Cut a piece of glitter to fit in the center of the white painted bottom and sprinkle it over the paint. Let the glitter adhere to the paint.
3. Next, use scissors to cut out shapes from fabric or craft foam that will cover the glittery bottom of the box. The shapes can be anything you like, but they should be symmetrical and complementary to each other (for example, one might have a heart shape and another might have an oval shape). You can also add extra details like stitching or ruffles using crafting foam or fabric. Don’t forget to cut out a hole for your pillow! Attach these covers with more painter’s tape before letting them dry completely.
How to Make a pillow box
If you’ve been using your pillow boxes as decorating accents, now is the time to recycle them! Here are four easy ways to turn your old pillow boxes into beautiful decorative pieces:
1. Make a fire starter cozy: Cut a hole in one end of the box, large enough for a matchstick or piece of flint, and cover the hole with fabric. Now you have a cozy place to start a fire!
2. Use the box as a vase: Fill it with fresh flowers or succulents. 3. Turn it into an art project container: Paint or write on the outside of the box and then fill it with different materials like pipe cleaners, small stones, feathers, or glitter. 4. Create a decorative pillow: Cut two slits in the top of the lid and insert pillows.
How to Assemble the Pillow Boxes
If you have pillow boxes that are no longer needed, there are many ways to reuse them as decorative accents. You can either turn them into art pieces or simply use them to store your pillows. Here are a few ways to assemble the box:
1. If the box is still in good condition, you can use it as is.
2. If the box is damaged or has missing pieces, you can replace the parts with foam sheets and fabric scraps.
3. You can also cover the entire box with fabric and then sew it together using a zigzag stitch.
If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your home without spending a lot of money, consider recycling old pillow boxes into decorative accents. Not only are these boxes inexpensive and easy to find, they also come in an array of colors and styles that will perfectly match any decor. If you have extra pillow boxes lying around that you don’t need, be sure to give this DIY project a try!